| Ďî-đóńńęč I Award rules I Pictures of the award I Awards issued
International Program “World Castles Award” (WCA) has been instituted by
group of the Russian radiohams, members of Radioclub RZ1CWC, founders of “Castles On The Air – Russia” (COTA – Russia) award program.|
Official web-site of the WCA - www.wcagroup.org
2. The Purpose of the program is joining of efforts of radiohams in different countries for activation and popularization historical objects relating to fortification (fortresses, castles, forts e.t.c) and attract attention to historical and architectural heritage as well as visiting extant historical monuments all over the world.
3. Fortifications are military constructions and buildings designed for defense in warfare and military bases. Humans have constructed defensive works for many thousands of years, in a variety of increasingly complex designs. The term is derived from the Latin fortis ("strong") and facere ("to make").
4. Contacts with objects of permanent fortification such as castles, fortresses, forts, fortified areas (including their parts like gate, walls, towers etc) having obviously expressed signs of preservation or anew restored are valid for WCA.
5. World Castles Award Program (WCA) includes following diplomas:
6. For WCA 50 ÷ WCA 900WCA 50 – WCA 900 need to have QSOs with not less than 3 countries from any continents.
7. Object activation has to take place on a distance no more than 1000 meters (1km) from the object.
It is not necessary to notify WCA Committee about object activation..
WCA Committee can require necessary data (photos, videos etc) if some activation gives rise to doubt.
8. Recommended frequencies for WCA activity:
CW: 3.511, 7.011, 10.121, 14.011, 18.081, 21.011, 24.891, 28.011;
SSB: 3.711, 7.111, 14.211, 18.151, 21.211, 24.951, 28.511.
9 . WCA Committee have made a decision to institute greeting code during working from fortification objects.
Code "11" ("Two towers") means "best wishes form castles and fortresses of the world".
The new system of WCA identification numbers is constituted since November, 1st, 2009.
WCA-List (Excel ~ 6 Mb ) is distributed by countries.
WCA-List is not final and will be constantly updated.
11. Repeated QSOs are not valid. The object is valid only once regardless of bands and any kind of mode.
12. The same award rules are for SWL.
13. QSOs/SWLs are valid since January 1st. 1995 on any bands (including WARC) by any kind of modes.
14. Application for diploma is based on the received QSL cards according to Application form WCA, and must be signed by two radio hams. QSL-card must have identification number according to WCA-List.
QSL-card having object name or identification number according to national castles and fortresses award programs are valid for the diploma.
No QSLs, only certified application is required. The award manager can require QSL for check.
15. Since 1st of September 2010 began to work WCA E-Log which allows to check up data about made QSOs which have been recieved from radiohams-activators for WCA expeditions and confirm QSOs interesting for you.All confirmed QSOs in WCA E-Log are valid for all diplomas by World Castles Award (WCA) program without confirmations by QSL-cards.
16. The award can be issued for separate MODE (optionally).
The application should sent to award manager by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
18. Since January, 1st, 2011 the order an issue of the “World Castles” Award (WCA) will change.
19. Award certificate “World Castles Activator Award - WCAA” is free of charge. You can obtain it in electronic form - JPG file completely ready for printing in A4 format (297x240) will send by e-mail.